At our Juicing & Smoothie party last Sunday, we got to make and taste this amazing and delicious green smoothie. When you’ve simplified your diet, and dedicated these two days to liquids – fresh juiced vegetables and fruit and broth – this smoothie becomes the highlight of your cleanse! We love it so much at my house, I often keep a fresh batch going for after-school snacks. (My hubby even dubbed it the “Green Monster”)
The Green Monster Smoothie
- 1 c organic, non-dairy yogurt
- 1 c organic, non-dairy milk
- 2-3 T organic nut butter
- 2 cups fresh, organic spring greens (spinach, arugula, red romaine, radiccio, etc.)
- 5 organic strawberries
- 1 organic banana
- 1/2 organic avocado
- 1 T green powder superfood boost (I’m liking Navitas Organic Daily Superfood Boost, on sale at the Homestead Market!)
- Optional add-ins: flaxseeds, chia, sunflower, hemp seeds, coconut oil, ginseng
Blend to silky smooth perfection and enjoy! (Caution: you may need a spoon for this smoothie!) Keeps in the fridge up to seven days. This recipe makes approximately 6 four ounce servings.
Pro cleansing tip: Keep a journal of your cleanse, especially noting the foods, beverages, environments and activities that produce strong reactions. Cleansing heightens your sensitivity on all levels, so you are more attuned to energies and substances that are helpful or harmful to you. Use your journal for future reference whenever you get sick, or overwhelmed, or stressed, and see if you can correlate your cleansing experiences with natural healing strategies.